Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Diagonal Lace Shawl

I almost did not make this shawl but now I am glad I did. It can provide a variety of looks depending on how it is draped and shows off one of my Scarf Pins nicely. In fact it inspired a new design in my jewelry design sketchbook. The directions called for this cotton yarn but something softer might be nice for a dressier version, however I see this one with jeans and a t-shirt.







2 comments:

  1. Wow, these 2 shawls came out so nice. They look better than anything store bought, if you could even buy them. Right, with a t-shirt and jeans. I love them and with this pin or another, to hold each one closed. The color of each is beautiful. Great job. I remain envious that I cannot do anything like this. I am lucky that I can view what you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually both shots are of the same shawl. The color looks different because I used the flash on one and not on the other. Very deceptive. The darker one is closer to the actual color though. Kind of a dull Teal. I think it is called Marine Teal. Very accurate actually as it reminds me of an angry sea.

    I only used half the yarn I bought so if you want I can make you one. I just won't promise when ;-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.