Friday, February 26, 2010

Macrame Bell Hanger


So here it is. The cow bell with the macrame hanger. I put it on this small Shepard's hook by the back door (the plant died in the extended cold we had this winter). I made it just long enough that when my dog runs under it on his way to the door he brushes it and it will ring. OK, that was the plan. And lo and behold it works. Well, twice so far. The idea is to teach him to ring the bell when he wants back in.

He is such a sweet heart. He doesn't bark when he wants in. He used to ram his nose against the storm door but last fall my son took it down for me. This really dumbfounded my poor Schatten. He just stands out there. Waiting. If he gets desperate now he has started scratching but I don't want him doing that so decided he needs a door bell. Or in this case a cow bell. Time will tell if he figures it out and drives me crazy with that bell. He is pretty smart.


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, you did a beautiful job on this. The detail is awesome. I did not know the purpose of the bell. What a great idea. You never cease to amaze me. I cannot wait to hear what you have to say about it as time goes. He is really smart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.