Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spool Knitted Medallion

I finally felt up to working on the medallion. My first try I had cord left over and discovered I had to resize the pattern. This worked out much better though not perfect. I guess it is OK for a first try with sore hands. I just laid the pattern on a piece of foam core and trimmed to fit. That made it easy to pin and yet free to turn to weave in proper places.


Here it is completed with the 'chain' added.
You can almost see the sparkle in the yarn.
I feel like it should be a firmer cord.
But this was a fun project to learn 2 peg spool knitting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this came out nice. Pretty color also. You will have to have Kristy model it for you and take a photo. You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.