I really like how these tea cozies came out. They were worth the extra effort. I started with a pattern from Sugar'n Cream but it did not list a size and started coming out too large so I frogged it a couple of times and ended up with the base for my larger pot. I like it being more fitted to show off the shape but because this is cotton yarn with out much stretch I ended up crocheting a little tie at the bottom under the handle which you can just see. Above that I crocheted loops and then strategically placed a couple of the pansies to use as buttons as it fits too snugly to just slide over the top.
The pansies were supposed to have yellow centers with half of them having lavender petals and the others purple petals but since I had this variegated yarn called Beach Ball Blue that had all the colors I wanted I used it.
For the smaller tea pot I had to once again adjust the pattern not only deleting repeats of the pattern but also eliminating rows to make it shorter. And then when it got to the shaping for the top I left off another pattern repeat because of the thicker neck for the chicken neck/spout. I even remembered to reverse the shaping on the second side. This one slides over so I did not have to mess with ties and loops which was a good trade off.
It is good to challenge yourself once in a while and while I ended up having to buy another skein of white to finish the last couple of rows, I did use up the colored yarn. The white can always be used on another project.
Now to sit down and write out my changes in case I ever want to make another set.
These came out great. I love them as I am partial to the colors you used for the pansies. Now you can enjoy them as you cannot buy things like this in the store, but you know how to make them just perfect for your tea pots. Great job.
ReplyDelete