Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Blocking


I recently finished a sweater for myself but it needed blocking.  The pattern had directions for blocking that I had not seen before but since this was a kit with a mercerized cotton yarn that I do not generally use I felt I should give it a try.


"Lay it out as desired and place a damp towel on top.  Press down firmly and leave until towel is dry.  Then remove towel and leave until the sweater is dry."

Sounded easy enough.  And it was...  after I spent the entire afternoon cleaning the garage so I could set up the card table to lay this out.

But the weather was perfect for doing this much needed project and I feel so much better having  it finished.  Well, almost finished.  I have a few things for a top shelf that are waiting for my tall grandson to help me with.

It sure feels good to have things sorted and organized again.  And I just might have this new sweater finished in time for cooler weather!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.