Saturday, August 10, 2013

Walker Decoration

I am still crocheting doilies for my son's wedding in the bits of spare time I find,
But decided to whip up a flower to decorate mom's walker.


I just tied it onto a hair elastic and fastened that around the top bar.


When the residents go to meals it looks like a mini parking lot of walkers and wheel chairs at the ends of the dining room.  Now at least it will be easy to spot mom's!

I hope to change it out each month or at least each holiday.



7 comments:

  1. I love it, Carol. What a great idea. You are so creative. Everyone will know which walker is hers and so will she. I bet you will get others that would love to have one made. It will be nice to change out as you have time to or for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Darlene. I think she will enjoy being different and special. I have so many ideas of things to do. We joked about painting flames like the hot rods! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carol. It is so nice having mom here where we can visit her frequently and do little fun things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a cute idea! I love it. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks April. It is a challenge to come up with special things to do for those living in facilities, especially when dealing with dementia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think painting flames on her walker would be really cool. Actually, maybe some stick on paper on the legs of it. Typing and not totally thinking, totally tired. I bet you will come up with something really wonderful on top of this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.