Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring Afghan for Mother


I just finished an afghan for my mother.
It is to replace the one that never made it back from the hospital.

I am not generally fond of granny squares.
All those ends to weave in...

But this one had such a different soft spring look to it,
and the four square piecing
just appealed to me.

What do you think?
I tend to struggle with random,
 but this one seemed easier than most for me.




4 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of granny squares either and for just the same reason. This one is lovely and you handled random just fine. I'll be that she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am having more trouble with those ends poking loose than I have ever had before and wondering if it is the yarn itself making a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so beautiful, Carol. You did an awesome job. I love the colors and detail. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Darlene, I enjoyed making this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.