I just saw a plaque for sale in a catalog (Potpourri) that says:
"I can't clean because....
I get distracted by all the Cool stuff I find."
Oh that sooooo describes me!
Not to mention the condition of my house!
Every time I start to put something away or organize or sort
I start finding stashes
of all kinds of things
And patterns or instructions for wonderful projects
that I plan to try - someday.
And instantly I forget all about what I came in with or for
and want to begin work on:
a flamingo quilt
or a new blouse
a knotted bracelet
or a crocheted sweater
a card for mom
or some tatting for a challenge (how long ago?)
Sprang that I still don't have the hang of
or Broomstick Lace that looks so neat
Christmas ornaments
or grapevine wreaths
weaving a shallow basket for picking blueberries
or maybe knitting a cap for my grandson
A new recipe to try
or that painting of the squirrel I photographed on the fence.
I could go on and on and on and on.
How about you?
What distracts you from cleaning?
I have those distractions too! The good thing is that since the kids are finally on their own yet again I have FAR LESS to clean.
ReplyDeleteI found several very intereting things on your list of found items..flamingo quilt..I'd love to see THAT!
Have a great day and go find more stuff.
xx, Carol in Indiana
Carol,
DeleteHmmm someday I hope to figure out just how to bring those flamingo fabrics together. In the meantime I have fabrics for a few other quilts and one for my son that I started several years ago. I really need to get back to that one. I got the pattern figured out but need to double the size and can't find any easy way to do so. I really need to do that though.
I have those same things happen to me, Carol. I did not know you started to or intend to make a flamingo quilt. Envious!! Love Flamingos. Reminder to you while I am thinking about it, annual photo calendars, and I have that squirrel photo on my mantel still after all these years. I hope you find time to create a painting of it. I am looking forward to more crafts this year but have to finish projects also, some of which I need help from my son who seems not to be as available as I would like. Enjoy your projects as they are some of the best I have seen.
ReplyDeleteDarlene,
DeleteAt this point I have so many projects I find more stuff at my house than in the stores! I have not forgotten the squirrel as I ran across it just the other day when I was 'cleaning'. LOL
After Halloween I will put together the calendar. I may start making them for my entire family as they are a nice size. Thanks for the reminder.