Friday, March 8, 2013

Shrug for Rodeo


Here is my latest achievement.
This shrug is very simple and easy.

These days they are called shrugs.
We used to call them vests.

It is quick to work up.
It is also very flattering!
My kind of pattern.

The shawl pin is one I made in fine silver.
In honor of the Houston Livestock and Rodeo
which is going on right now.

My only issue was typos on the pattern.
Common but it was a free internet pattern so I am not fussing.

And then I wanted a hair scrunchie to match so whipped this one up.
This is a Bernat worsted weight yarn in Denim.
The only real mistake I made was showing it off to my daughter who loved it.
So I am giving her this one and will run out for more yarn to make another one for myself.
Oh yeah, twist my arm on that!  LOL



4 comments:

  1. Very nice, and sweaters of any kind are so in fashion right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. And the weather just keeps coming back with cool days so getting to wear them more than usual this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shrug, the colors and style. It looks so elegant. The matching scrunchie is a huge plus. Your lucky daughter. I bet they both look great on her and will look fabulous on you when you get yours made. Look at all the colors you can make them in also. Put a pair of jeans with this or whatever and have a nice outfit. Love, love your work and love the pin you used from your silver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Darlene, I bought blue and white for the next one. I hope I get it done before the cool weather ends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.