Monday, August 25, 2014

A Little Dress

I finally finished this little dress for my granddaughter.


I never was able to find a yarn that matched the colors to my complete satisfaction.
Not sure why.
I had a cream, two shades of pink and a green to choose from.


I was determined that this be predominately a stash buster project though.
I am still debating adding some beads to the centers of the flowers on the bodice front.
If she and her baby sister were older I would not hesitate.


I loved how this ladybug ribbon spaced out.
The red is a bit distracting but 
that's OK.  It is just for fun any way.
The pattern called for three buttons on the back
however I had four in the button jar
and discovered that four actually spaced out better.



2 comments:

  1. You simply outdid yourself. Love this dress. It came out great and every detail is perfect. Love the top that you crocheted so beautifully. I like the crocheted flowers on the two photos and the ladybug ribbon. So perfect for your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I can't wait to get her over here to try it on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.