Sunday, April 18, 2010

Zentangle Cards

Have you seen any Zentangle yet? It was new to me. But of course once you hear of something new and start looking you begin to see more and more. It seems to me to be just doodling. It is fun. Reminded me of sitting in Freshman English class again drawing when I should have been listening. Whew! Yeah, I was more into drawing than figuring out what some dead guy really meant.

Anyway, there is a site on Zentangle where they vaguely describe it and then offer to sell a $50.00 kit with supplies and of course a CD. And even offer classes. Now I am sure there is a lot of the Zen part I am missing and the techniques, by not parting with my cash but I personally think all that would take the fun out of doodling. It was the no rules part that made it so freeing.

So instead I got out some paper and pencils I already owned and trimmed it down to a small size as indicated on some blogs and just started doodling. I started with some ideas from ones I saw and then relaxed and enjoyed.

I tried to describe it to friends and family but it was not easy. So I scanned, printed and trimmed them down and inserted them in cards I made. Now I can share my doodles. Just for fun!

Give it a try and let me know what you think. And what you do with yours. Here is a photo of mine:



1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Carol for my Zentangle card. I love it. I received the pink one. I am once again amazed at what you do so beautifully. There is no stopping you and I get something beautiful to enjoy. It is the most unusual thing I have ever seen and sure did make High School Classes more fun doodling, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.