Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sprang

This is the quilt frame that I converted to use as a Sprang loom. I've made a few modifications as I have gone along. I know it is difficult to see among the clutter. But my dog soon piled his toys around/over it so it actually got worse.


Here are photos of the Sprang I have been working on. The red one is done in #3 Cotton Crochet Thread with 4 rows of Common alternating with 4 rows of Plait.



This next one I used size 5 Cotton Perle and 4 rows of Common followed by only 2 rows of Plait. It still had a tendency to twist so I blocked it which took care of that.



I can see where a person could spend a lot of time exploring the variations of this craft, if one only had the time.


1 comment:

  1. I am always amazed at what beautiful crafts you make, especially creatively using this frame for these. I have not heard of Sprang before. It is interesting and each unique. I prefer the twisted a bit more, yet both nice photos of them. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.